Thai Chicken Salad With Ginger Lime Dressing
- Large Saute Pan
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small red onion chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce Red Boat brand
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and grated (or 2 drops Ginger Essential Oil)
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 red pepper diced
- 3 carrots grated
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup raw cashews toasted and chopped
- Heat coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Add chicken and saute until browned and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Allow to cool and shred chicken
- Make dressing by whisking together lime juice fish sauce ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Add honey to taste. (You may also make the dressing in a food processor or blender.)
- In a large bowl combine cabbage red pepper carrots scallions basil cilantro and chicken. Toss with dressing. Top with cashews and serve.
- Tips and Variations for Making a Thai Chicken Salad
- Don’t like cilantro? Substitute green onions.
- If you want to make this Thai Chicken Salad a little heartier try adding in rice noodles.
- The chicken can easily be cooked ahead in the slow cooker! Try cooking it on low for four hours adding in a little broth or water for extra moisture.
- Make it Vegan by substituting cooked and crumbled Tempeh or using Gardein Chicken Scallopini.
- If a Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Sauce is more your thing make the recipe as instructed and substitute in this Peanut Sauce.
- Skip the fish sauce in the dressing and instead use soy sauce. (Or gluten free tamari. Make sure it is organic!)
NutritionCalories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 1248mg | Potassium: 838mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 9185IU | Vitamin C: 51.4mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mgThis article and recipe adapted from this site