- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter granulated sugar and light brown sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg the yolk vanilla baking soda cream of tartar salt and cinnamon and mix for 1 minute scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour mixing until just combined.
- In a separate small bowl make your Cinnamon Sugar by mixing together cinnamon and sugar stirring until evenly combined.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop portion out the dough and roll into a ball. Then roll each cookie dough ball into the cinnamon sugar mixture until coated.
- Place on prepared baking sheet about 2- inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes turning cookie sheet halfway through baking.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This article and recipe adapted from this site