How To Make Strawberry Hearts
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries medium to large
- 2 cups dark or milk chocolate chips
- Rinse and gently pat dry fresh strawberries.
- With a small sharp knife in a circular motion carve out the stem of the strawberry. See image above.
- Slice the strawberry in half.
- At the top center of each of berry half cut a small V-shape.
- To cover in chocolate gently insert a wooden stick at the bottom of the heart shape.
- Heat in microwave in 30-second intervals stirring in between until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip strawberries in melted chocolate. Let dry on parchment paper until chocolate firms.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE