Guacamole Chicken Melt
- Original recipe yields 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons Creole-style seasoning
- 2 avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small tomato diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- Step 1
Preheat oven broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Step 2
Heat the butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and pan-fry the chicken breasts for about 10 minutes per side until no longer pink on the inside and golden brown on the outside sprinkling each side with Creole seasoning.
- Step 3
Scoop the avocados into a bowl and mash them with the lime juice tomato onion garlic powder salt and pepper.
- Step 4
Spoon about 1/3 cup of guacamole onto each chicken breast top with a slice of pepper jack cheese and broil for 2 to 4 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.Nutrition FactsPer Serving:433 calories; 31.4 g total fat; 84 mg cholesterol; 441 mg sodium. 11.8 g carbohydrates; 28.5 g protein; Full NutritionThis article and recipe adapted from this site