Easy Chocolate Caramel Twix Cheesecake
- 1 1 /2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 32 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 40 Kraft caramels unwrapped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chopped (I used three 4-ounce Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate bars)
- Fun-sized Twix bars optional
- To make crust combine all ingredients and press into a 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350º for 8 minutes. Let cool. Keep oven on to bake cheesecake.
- To make cheesecake using a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment beat 1 package of the cream cheese ? cup of the sugar and the cornstarch together on low until creamy about 3 minutes scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Blend in the remaining cream cheese one package at a time beating well and scraping down the bowl after each.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat in the remaining sugar then the vanilla.Mix in the eggs one at a time beating well after each. Beat in the cream just until completely blended.
- The filling will look light creamy airy and almost like billowy clouds. Be careful not to over mix.
- Gently scrape out the the batter onto the crust. Wrap the sides of the pan in aluminum foil.
- Place the cake pan in a large shallow pan containing hot water that comes halfway (about 1 inch) up the side of the springform pan. Bake until the top is a very light golden brown and the center barely jiggles about 1¼ hours. Remove the cheesecake from the water bath transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 2 hours. Chill until cold.
- To make the caramel combine all in a heat proof bowl and microwave in 1 minute intervals until completely smooth and blended. Stir after each minute. Let cool a bit. You will only need about half of the caramel for this cheesecake.
- To make the ganache heat the cream just to a boil and pour over the chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Let sit 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted.
- To assemble the cheesecake pour about half the caramel into the center where the center has deflated down a bit. Chill just to firm up the caramel. (Note: I totally forget this caramel step!) Pour on the chocolate ganache and chill several hours or overnight. Top with fun-sized Twix bars if desired.
- To serve carefully remove the springform pan sides. Cut into slices and serve with caramel sauce.
This article and recipe adapted from this site