Easy Apple Fritters
- 2-3 peeled apples 1 1/2 cups when diced
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS cinnamon sugar mixture 2 TBS sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon
- Oil for frying the fritters
- Combine the flour sugar salt and baking powder and whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk the milk and egg until combined add into dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Toss the apple chunks with the cinnamon & sugar and dump the mixture into the batter stir just a bit to move apples around.
- Heat oil to 370 degrees.
- Fry heaping spoonfuls (or use a cookie scoop) of the batter (being sure you get apples in each scoop)until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes)
- If frying in a sealed fryer shake basked around just a bit during frying to ensure even rotation of cooking. If cooking in an open frying pan/poy flip fritters using a spatula or fork to ensure even cooking.
- Once fritters are removed from the fryer place them on a cooling rack with paper towels under to catch any drips. If rolling in cinnamon & sugar do so as soon as you can handle the fritters. If sprinkling with powdered sugar or dipping them in a simple glaze allow them to cool a bit more.
- To make glaze simply combine 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar a splash of vanilla and 1-1 1/2 TBS milk. Stir until smooth and drizzle over fritters or go ahead and dunk them in. If dunking them in allow them to set for a few minutes and enjoy…they don t really keep that way. Fritters are best enjoyed soon after you make them while still warm. For best results fry in batches of 3 or four. I use a small cookie scoop to make dropping the batter into the oil nice and easy.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here