Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Bars
- 1 stick (113 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 (350 grams) cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (135 grams) smooth peanut butter
- 2 eggs plus one egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups (286 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces (170 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8 by 8-inch metal baking pan with parchment or foil.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Add the brown sugar stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter. Allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour baking powder baking soda and salt.
- Once the butter mixture is cool add the eggs and yolk one at a time until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into the prepared dry ingredients and stir to create a very thick dough-like batter. Fold in 3/4 the chocolate chunks reserving the rest for sprinkling on top.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan spreading evenly to the edges. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chunks lightly pressing them into the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden and the edges are slightly browned. Allow to cool in the pan. Use the parchment to remove the bars before cutting into squares and serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
This article and recipe adapted from this site